uw logo

man and dog looking at each other for therapy

Animal Assisted Therapy Insurance

As an animal assisted therapy specialist, you are susceptible to severe amounts of risks that can cripple you and your business financially.

In order to weaken the strain of these attacks, there are several measures that an animal assisted therapist can take. The most beneficial example of this is to get you and/or your business insured. Getting insurance will prevent you and your business from suffering major financial loss. You will prevent thousands upon thousands of dollars in damage, which will guarantee food on your table for the next few years. It's incredibly important, as a business owner, for you to determine which insurance is most suitable to you and your company.

General liability insurance, professional liability insurance

General liability insurance is a necessity for any business owner. This insurance policy protects your property and your clients from any third party damages. What this mean is if a client walks into your building and trips on the stairs and severely injures themselves, if they then decide to file a lawsuit against you for the medical expenses, general liability insurance would cover it and any other additional fees required as a result of a trial. Professional liability insurance is highly recommended when working with animals. This is because animals are animals and may sometimes either accidentally or purposely injure clients. This form of insurance in this case would cover medical expenses or any legal expenses if the client were to decide to take legal action against you. It's never a bad time to take precautionary measures and get your business insured.

Don't wait until it is too late, get insured now. For more information about getting the right insurance for your profession as an animal assisted therapist consult with us and get a free quote now with the link below.