Sleepless night over missed Intact payment? Options here now
Intact Insurance Payment
Intact Insurance offers three payment methods to help make it easier for their clients.
Make online Payment
Intact Insurance Payment Options
Click on the title below to expand
Payment All in One
- Intact Insurance Payment All in One, This option is to make one upfront payment at the start of the insurance term. Choose to pay online or bank withdrawal, cheque at bank, money order, or credit card.
Three Pay Option - For Eligible Policy Only
- Pay insurance premium in three equal payments. (Subject to approval, please call your insurance broker to confirm)
First payment (plus a fee of 20 or 35 for a single policy) is due at the start of your policy;
Second is due three months later; and
Third is due six months later.
Pay online or via bank withdrawal, cheque at bank, money order, or credit card.
Monthly Plan - For Eligible Policy Only
Automatically withdraw monthly payments from a bank account.
This can only be done via a cheque account. Intact Insurance Payment does not accept credit cards on a monthly plan. If missed payment, the insurance policy will be cancelled and risk having to pay everything in the annual plan. Please talk to your broker before you risk cancellation or have difficulty making arrangements with this Intact Insurance Payment plan ahead of time. It takes 10 business days to make date changes arrangement.
About Intact Insurance
Click on the title below to expand
Intact Insurance is Canada's largest home, auto and business insurance company, with more than four million consumers. Its coast-to-coast presence and its strong relationship with insurance brokers mean the company can provide the outstanding service, comfort and continuity customers deserve. Intact Insurance is a member company of Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC), the largest property and casualty insurance provider in Canada and a leading provider of specialty insurance in North America.
Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC) is the largest provider of property and casualty (P&C) insurance in Canada and a leading provider of specialty insurance in North America, with over CAD$11 billion in total annual premiums. The Company has approximately 16,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than five million personal, business and public sector clients through offices in Canada and the U.S.
In Canada, Intact distributes insurance under the Intact Insurance brand through a wide network of brokers, including its wholly-owned subsidiary BrokerLink, and directly to consumers through Belairdirect. Frank Cowan Company, a leading MGA, distributes public entity insurance programs, including risk and claims management services in Canada.
News Flash : Intact Insurance had recently announce the acquisition of RSA or Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance of United Kingdom. More detail will be available on the acquisition.
In the U.S., Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions provides a range of specialty insurance products and services through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, and wholesalers and managing general agencies. Products are underwritten by the insurance company subsidiaries of Intact Insurance Group USA, LLC.
In Canada, Intact provides repair and restoration services through its subsidiary On Side Restoration, a leading restoration company, restoring damaged homes and businesses.
We became a widely-held Canadian company and changed our name from ING Canada to Intact Financial Corporation in 2009. Learn more about our financial performance (TSX: IFC) via Investor Relations.
Early history of Intact Insurance
Intact has a long and proud Canadian history. They are one of Canada’s oldest companies with roots dating back to 1809 when businesspeople formed the Halifax Fire Insurance Association, later known as the Halifax Insurance Company. In the late 1950s, following the post-war Dutch immigration, the Nationale-Nederlanden, one of the largest insurance companies in the Netherlands, came to Canada and acquired the Halifax Insurance Company.
Growing across Canada & the United States
Intact has been growing across North America over the years. Here are some milestones:
- The 1980s: acquired three well-known regional insurers - Commerce Group and Belair in Quebec, and Western Union in Alberta
- 1991: Nationale-Nederlanden merged with NMB Postbank to create ING Group, one of the first bancassurance groups in the world
- 1993: we brought together the separate entities under the umbrella of ING Canada
- 1998: acquired Guardian Insurance’s business in Canada
- 2001: acquired Zurich Canada’s home, auto and small and medium business insurance portfolio. Halifax Insurance Company, Commerce Group and Western Union were later merged to form ING Insurance. Belair became the first company in North America to offer insurance products online under the name Belairdirect
- 2004: acquired Allianz Canada. Our Initial Public Offering soon followed this, and we started trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange with ING Group retaining 70% ownership
- 2009: ING Canada became Intact Financial Corporation, with 100% of its common shares traded on the TSX following ING Group’s divestiture of its holdings
- 2011: acquired AXA Canada Inc., the 6th largest property and casualty insurance provider in the country
- 2012: acquired Jevco Insurance Company, a leading provider of specialty and niche insurance products for individuals and businesses in Canada
- 2015: acquired Canadian Direct Insurance Inc. (CDI), a property and casualty insurance company providing direct-to-consumer personal insurance solutions throughout British Columbia and Alberta. CDI was subsequently integrated with Belairdirect, expanding its operations from coast to coast
- 2017: acquired OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd., a leading U.S. specialty insurer focused on small to midsize businesses. The transaction makes us a leading specialty insurer in North America with over C$2 billion in annual premiums
- 2019: acquired On Side Restoration, a leading restoration company, restoring damaged homes and businesses in Canada. Intact will gain full ownership of On Side Restoration over a two-year period. The transaction will strengthen repair and restoration services for personal and commercial property claims to customers across Canada.
- 2019: acquired The Guarantee Company of North America, a specialty lines insurer in Canada and the U.S., and Frank Cowan Company Limited, a managing general agent focused on specialty insurance.
Why Intact are here
To help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
What Intact wants
Intact will earn the right to be one of Canada's most respected and successful companies. A company true to values, where people are engaged because they know their work matters, and customers are advocates because they know what matters to both Intact and customers.
How Intact will do this
Intact strive to provide an experience to customers that will be second to none. With the help of insurance broker partner like us.
What Intact belief
Insurance is not about things. Insurance is about people.
Living Intact's Values
Intact is here to help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. This is their purpose and the company's foundation – it drives everything they do and gives meaning to their work by Living their Values.
- Be honest, open and fair.
- Set high standards.
- Stand up for what is right.
- Be kind
- See diversity as a strength
- Be inclusive and collaborate
- Listen to our customers
- Make it easy, find solutions
- Deliver second-to-none experiences
- Act with discipline and drive to outperform
- Embrace change, improve every day
- Celebrate success, yet remain humble
- Help others
- Protect the environment
- Make our communities more resilient