Intact Insurance Payment
The insurer offers three payment methods to help make it easier for their clients.
Intact Insurance Payment Options
All in One
This option is to make one upfront pay at the start of the policy term. Choose to pay online or bank withdrawal, cheque at bank, money order, or credit card.
Three Pay Option - For Eligible Policy Only
Pay premium in three equal payments. (Subject to approval, please call your broker to confirm)
First bill is due at the start of your policy; (plus a fee of 20 or 35 for a single policy)
Second is due three months later; and
Third is due six months later.
Pay online or via bank withdrawal, cheque at bank, money order, or credit card.
Monthly Plan - For Eligible Policy Only
Automatically withdraw monthly payments from a bank account.
This can only be done via a cheque account. Intact Insurance Payment does not accept credit cards on a monthly plan. If missed, the policy will be cancelled and risk having to pay everything in the annual plan. Please talk to your broker before you risk cancellation or have difficulty making arrangements with this plan ahead of time. It takes 10 business days to make date changes arrangement.
What if my policy get cancelled for NSF?
About Intact Insurance
Intact Insurance is Canada's largest home, auto and commercial insurer with more than four million consumers. Its coast-to-coast presence and its strong relationship with brokers like us mean the company can provide the outstanding service, comfort and continuity customers deserve. The company is a member company of Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC), the largest property and casualty insurance provider in Canada and a leading provider of specialty products including surety, niche liability coverage in North America.
With over CAD$11 billion in total annual premiums, the Company has approximately 16,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than five million personal, business and public sector clients through offices in Canada and the U.S.
The company distributes insurance In Canada under the brand Intact through a wide network of brokers, including its wholly-owned subsidiary BrokerLink, and directly to consumers through Belairdirect. Frank Cowan Company, a leading MGA, distributes public entity programs, including risk and claims management services in Canada.
In the U.S., the company's Specialty Solutions provides a range of specialty products and services through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, and wholesalers and managing general agencies. Products are underwritten by the subsidiaries of Intact Insurance Group USA, LLC.
The company also provides repair and restoration services through its subsidiary On Side Restoration in Canada.
As a widely-held Canadian company, they changed their name from ING Canada to Intact Financial Corporation in 2009. Learn more about their financial performance (TSX: IFC) via Investor Relations.
The company has a long and proud Canadian history. They are one of Canada’s oldest companies with roots dating back to 1809 when businesspeople formed the Halifax Fire Insurance Association, later known as the Halifax Insurance Company. In the late 1950s, following the post-war Dutch immigration, the Nationale-Nederlanden, one of the largest insurer in the Netherlands, came to Canada and acquired the Halifax Company.
Growing across Canada & the United States
The company has been growing across North America over the years. Here are some milestones:
- The 1980s: acquired three well-known regional insurers - Commerce Group and Belair in Quebec, and Western Union in Alberta
- 1991: Nationale-Nederlanden merged with NMB Postbank to create ING Group, one of the first bancassurance groups in the world
- 1993: we brought together the separate entities under the umbrella of ING Canada
- 1998: acquired Guardian Insurance’s business in Canada
- 2001: acquired Zurich Canada’s home, auto and small and medium business portfolio. Halifax Insurance Company, Commerce Group and Western Union were later merged to form ING. Belair became the first company in North America to offer online purchase under the name Belairdirect
- 2004: acquired Allianz Canada. Our Initial Public Offering soon followed this, and we started trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange with ING Group retaining 70% ownership
- 2009: ING Canada became Intact Financial Corporation, with 100% of its common shares traded on the TSX following ING Group’s divestiture of its holdings
- 2011: acquired AXA Canada Inc., the 6th largest property and casualty insurance provider in the country
- 2012: acquired Jevco Insurance Company, a leading provider of specialty and niche insurance products for individuals and businesses in Canada
- 2015: acquired CDI, a property and casualty insurer providing direct-to-consumer personal product solutions throughout British Columbia and Alberta. CDI was subsequently integrated with Belairdirect, expanding its operations from coast to coast
- 2017: acquired OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd., a leading U.S. specialty insurer focused on small to midsize businesses. The transaction makes us a leading specialty insurer in North America with over C$2 billion in annual premiums
- 2019: acquired On Side Restoration, a leading restoration company, restoring damaged homes and businesses in Canada.
- 2019: acquired The Guarantee Company of North America, a specialty lines insurer in Canada and the U.S., and Frank Cowan Company Limited, a managing general agent focused on specialty.
- 2020: gained full ownership of On Side Restoration.
- 2021: together with Tryg A/S, Intact acquired RSA Insurance Group –- one of the world’s longest standing general insurers – expanding its operations to the UK, Ireland, Europe and the Middle East through the RSA brands.
Why Intact are here
To help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
What Intact wants
The company will earn the right to be one of Canada's most respected and successful companies. A company true to values, where people are engaged because they know their work matters, and customers are advocates because they know what matters to both Intact and customers.
How to get insurance
The insurer strive to provide an experience to customers that will be second to none. Through the help of broker partner like us.
Insurance is not about things, its about people.
The insurer is here to help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. This is their purpose and the company's foundation – it drives everything they do and gives meaning to their work by Living their Values.
- Be honest, open and fair.
- Set high standards.
- Stand up for what is right.
- Be kind
- See diversity as a strength
- Be inclusive and collaborate
- Listen to our customers
- Make it easy, find solutions
- Deliver second-to-none experiences
- Act with discipline and drive to outperform
- Embrace change, improve every day
- Celebrate success, yet remain humble
- Help others
- Protect the environment
- Make our communities more resilient