How Would Ransomware Impact My Business
How Would Ransomware Impact My Business
Imagine this, One day, you came to the office, turn on your computer, and a message pop up, "Your files are locked. Pay us bitcoin to unlock."
Unfortunately, you have fallen victim to Ransomware. The incident occurs when a hacker encrypted all of your files and won't unlock them until you pay a ransom.
You have a choice of,
1.) Losing all files or
2.) Restore from Back up. if fortunately you have some backup system that does that.
What if both options aren't available to you?
Consider cyber insurance. You will be covered on the costs to restore your data, get you up and running again, either by a specialist to a data recovery or pay the extortion to unlock. The insurance company will look into your case and help your recovery.
Ransomware is an international epidemic and one of the most dangerous hazardous threats dealing with large and small companies. Ransomware attacks are often devastating and can inflict severe operational and financial harm to an organization, including total interruption of computer systems and permanent data loss.
It doesn't need much to get started. All you need is to know how to send emails and attach the code with them. The popular Ranion RaaS (Ransomware As A Service) costs $900 a year, and some may cost less than $150 from the dark web. With such tools, Ransomware became a low entrance crime with high return (ransom). It is no surprise such a thing is increasing at an alarming rate around the world. It's getting dangerous and spread across the globe each day. We have seen so many brute force attacks on the email server trying to guest easy passwords. Once a hacker is in, it became an easy target mimicking an email from a known victim.
Consider our cybersecurity & insurance package to keep your business safe. The solution is considered the best in the industry for a company to handle cyber risk. We offer comprehensive insurance policy coverage, complimentary cybersecurity tools to keep track and safeguard your business, with 24/7 professional incident response to help you quickly react to a cyber incident.
As we found existing cyber insurance coverage lacking in some areas, so we work with the best provider to create one. Our insurance covers more of the financial, tangible, and intangible exposures your business faces than any other insurance company. We have state of the art cybersecurity platform that comes with 24/7 tracking, automated security alerts, staff training, and access to security experts to prevent cyber incidents before they occur. As for cyber insurance, we protect the value of your entire business, including financial, intangible and tangible damage, with up to 20 Million of the most comprehensive cyber insurance.
We provide a complete suite of security applications. The package will including 24/7 safety tracking, automated risk and intelligence alerts, security benchmarking, DDoS mitigation, Ransomware security defence, staff member training, software patch update reminders to your organization and more, all included with the insurance policy package at no additional cost.
Incidents take place, which is why you have insurance coverage, to begin with. Our solution is the only one with a committed 24/7 incident response and a claims team to assist you in swiftly respond to an incident. Join thousands of other organizations who rely on our emergency first response
Please take a look at our coverage for 3rd party.
- We cover the cost to defend you and any damages resulting from your liability to a 3rd party (Network & Information Security Liability).
- Any regulatory fines & penalties, multimedia wrongful acts (such as infringement, defamation, piracy, etc.) are covered.
- Payment Card Industry fines & assessments resulting from a failure in your security, data breach, or privacy violation
- When you have a security breach that results in physical damage or injury to a 3rd party, the insurer will pay the costs of defence and damages
In the event of security breaches (i.e. cyber attack), we'll cover losses resulting from bodily injury.
Should there be damage/impairment to your tangible property, as well as damages resulting from any liability to a 3rd party, including regulatory fines & penalties and pollution, be assured the insurer will protect your business.
The insurer will
- Pay the costs to replace your computer systems that are permanently affected by malware.
- Any funds transfer losses you incur from a breach in your security or social engineering.
- Pay additional amounts you're billed by a cloud or telephone provider for fraudulent charges.
- Pay for replacement, restore, or recreate digital assets damaged or lost following a security failure.
- Cover any financial losses due to negligence in security, data breach or systems failure (including contingent/dependent Business Income), as well as the extra expenses you incur to bring your company back online.
- Cover any costs on extortion incident, including money, securities, and even virtual currencies paid.
- Pay for the prices to respond in a data breach, including 3rd party incident response and public relations experts, customer notification costs and credit monitoring, media purchases, legal fees, and advice regarding the incident.
A small business owner policy (BOP) could consist of a couple of coverages pack. The adhering to are the eight most common insurance policy coverage types that an entrepreneur must recognize.
- This coverage protects if bodily injury, property damages, injury or advertising injury incur with your business.
- Have this coverage part of small business owner insurance to defence when business earnings and extra expenditure is at risk.
- Secure against a business when found responsible for an issue with one of the items they offer.
- If a business gives professional guidance or provides a professional opinion, it should probably carry professional liability insurance.
- Secure against Internet Crime, hackers or breach of data.
- Defence against tools or equipment breakdown. (It can be a furnace or machine) when it requires time and money for a replacement.
- Secure against your property or stocks
- Bundling a small business owner package (BOP) to with business use vehicle including transport of cargo.
Employment Practices Liability
Electronic Data and Equipment
Valuable Papers and Records
Job site Short-Term Pollution from Pollutants
Blanket Insurance on valuable property
Limited Property of Others Liability
Always Review Your Insurance Coverage
Over time, businesses may have an increasing need for insurance coverage as their business grows. Always take time to review your insurance and fill in gaps as the situation changes.
As an insurance broker, we'll help small business owners to decide what is needed and the best fit for their insurance.
Cyber risk coverage
If you take online orders, store sensitive information on the computer, you need proper cybercrime protection. See this section about cyber insurance