Criminals don’t just come out at night
Most of us think of burglars as night owls. While that may have been true in the past, most burglaries happen during the day while homeowners are at work. Make sure your house is locked and install a security system to discourage thieves.
Having your home broken into can be very distressing. Being robbed of valuables or sentimental precious items can be both a financial and, at the same time, emotional suffering.
- Buy an alarm system.
- Do not leave any house key outside.
- Secure to lock all doors and windows every time you leave the house.
- Notify a trusted neighbour if you will be away for more than a few days.
Crime insurance protects your business against different sorts of threats, causing unexpected expenses and wasted time. It includes Employee Dishonesty; Theft, Burglary or Robbery; Fraud and Expenses resulting from a Crime loss.
When you want to protect your business from loss of funds, securities or other property due to social engineering fraud administered by a person purporting to be a legitimate vendor, employee, or client, then you may add Social Engineering Fraud coverage to your policy.
How much does commercial property insurance cost?
Deciding how you'll pay for commercial property insurance mainly depends on the value of all your company assets, including your building. Other factors that also define your premium are based on risk, including the following:
- Location. Are storms and other natural calamities prone to visit the location?
- Construction. Is your commercial building constructed with fireproof materials? Does it have an upgraded or new electrical wiring, plumbing and HVAC?
- Occupancy. What is your industrial to realtor's office generally carries less risk than a restaurant or repair shop?
- Fire and theft protection. How far is the nearest fire station? How about the nearest fire hydrant station?